What Was Causing a Man’s 2 Year Long Stomach Ache?
A guy in India showed up at a hospital and said he’d had a stomach ache for two years. Doctors were shocked after they found out what the cause was.
According to a report, the medics took the man in for an x-ray that revealed the cause of his tummy discomfort. It turned out he’d swallowed more than 50 household items, including lockets, chains, nuts, bolts, and earbuds.
The man underwent a 3 hour surgery to remove the items causing him discomfort. Doctors diagnosed the man with pica, a mental health condition where the sufferer can’t control themselves and compulsively swallows non-food items. It’s an affliction common among young kids, pregnant women and people with psychiatric disorders.