The Rock Isn’t Going To Be In Any More ‘Fast and Furious’ Movies
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has squashed any speculation that he will be returning to any future Fast & Furious movies after not appearing in the latest F9.
This is all due to his years-long rivalry with Fast & Furious co-star Vin Diesel. 54-year-old Diesel claims that the tension between the two buff bald hunks started when he showed “tough love” to Johnson on the set of the Fast movies in order to get a better performance out of him. “That took a lot of work,” Diesel told Men’s Health last month. “We had to get there, and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love.”
In response, The Rock told The Hollywood Reporter today (July 21) that he “laughed hard” at Diesel’s reasoning for their feud. “I think everyone had a laugh at that. And I’ll leave it at that. And that I’ve wished them well. I wish them well on Fast 9. And I wish them the best of luck on Fast 10 and Fast 11 and the rest of the Fast & Furious movies they do that will be without me.”
Jungle Cruise co-star Emily Blunt, who was there for the interview, couldn’t resist chiming in, saying, “Just thank God he was there,” she said of Diesel. “Thank God. He carried you through that.”
49-year-old Johnson was in the previous three Fast movies and the spinoff film Hobbs & Shaw alongside Jason Statham. Fast X and Fast 11 are currently scheduled as the final two parts of the series.
Jungle Cruise premieres in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access on July 30.