Florida High School Gunman Made Alarming Comment Online
In the wake of another awful tragedy, new information suggests the shooting at Majory Stoneman Douglas High School could have been prevented.
CNN has revealed that a YouTuber named Ben Bennight contacted the FBI months ago after an account who shares the same name as the suspect posted a concerning comment.
The comment said,”I’m going to be a professional school shooter.”
The comment was posted on September 24. As you know, the shooting occurred yesterday, on February 14.
Today, as families mourn the loss of at least 17 loved ones, it leaves us to wonder if enough was done after the FBI learned about his online comment.
CNN reached out to the FBI for comment. So far, they have not heard back.
Bennight says after Nikolas Cruz was taken into custody after the shooting yesterday, the FBI contacted him regarding the online comment. Bennight did say that the FBI did follow up with him after he first reported the comment as well.
To see the comment allegedly made by Cruz, please click here.
QCWriter is a journalist who is fueled by espresso and motivated by determination. She specializes in pop culture, country music, and news content. You can follow her on Twitter by clicking here: @QCWriter.