LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 30: Drake speaks onstage during Drake's Till Death Do Us Part rap battle on October 30, 2021 in Long Beach, California.

Drake has finally responded to the several shots taken at him; he unleashes on a lot of his peers on his diss track “Push Ups (Drop & Give Me 50).” On We Don’t Trust You and its sequel arriving three weeks later We Still Don’t Trust You from Future and Metro Boomin, the once frequent collaborators seemed to have turned their back on Drake and offered guest slots to bash the Toronto native.

The rap civil war began with a diss from Kendrick Lamar who did not want to be a part of anyone’s “big three.”

“Yeah, get up with me, f— sneak dissing/’First Person Shooter,’ I hope they came with three switches,” Kendrick raps on

He adds: “Think I won’t drop the location? I still got PTSD/Motherf— the Big 3, n—-, it’s just big me.”

“N—-a, bum, what? I’m really like that/And your best work is a light pack/N—-, Prince outlived Mike Jack’/N—-, bum, ‘fore all your dogs gettin’ buried/That’s a K with all these nines, he gon’ see Pet Sematary n—-, bum,” he raps.

After Kendrick’s disses came more disses from Future, A$AP Rocky and The Weeknd.

Joe Budden Warns Fans Of Drake’s “Nuclear” ‘Push Ups (Drop & Give Me 50)’ Diss Track

Drake’s diss track arrived over the weekend; Joe Budden forewarned that a scathing recordfrom the 6God was coming soon from both he and Kendrick.

“I have it on good information that both sides went in the booth and came out,” Joe Budden explains on his podcast. “What I’m hearing about both sides is that it’s nuclear. It’s up-up. I’m hearing this from people that can rap. So, I want to come in here and say that speculation time is over. Debate time is over.”

After J. Cole bowed out of the beef with his apology to Kendrick Lamar, Budden believes that what is to come will be on a more personal level with the two.

“Get out the way,” Budden says. “Whatever little rappy s— you thought was going on, it’s not that and something is coming. I think that J. Cole knows that from either Kendrick or Drake or both. It was time to bow out because now we are no longer in the first round. Kendrick has earned himself a bye with Cole’s apology.”

Drake Backs Out Of Dreamville And Throws Subliminals Online Prior To “Push Ups (Drop & Give Me 50)” Diss Track Release

As for Drake, there was an opportunity to perform “First Person Shooter,” the song that started the chaos over the weekend. However, he didn’t show up at Cole’s Dreamville Festival as a surprise guest, as some anticipated that he would. Mal from the New Rory & Mal podcast claims that he spoke to Drake on Friday night (April 5) and that Drake was reluctant about performing.

“[Drake] says, ‘I don’t know, should I? ‘Cause it’s weird right now. Are we performing the record? Can we ever perform ‘First Person Shooter’?'” Drake allegedly told Mal.

In addition to the hesitation to perform, Drake also posted a message as he rounded out his tour last week.

“The rap game will never be at peace,” the message reads. “There will always be competition. And as long as there’s competition, there will never be peace. Everyone wants to be the one.”

“This was on the board backstage with Drake for his shows on his latest tour,” DJ Akademics wrote in the caption seconding Budden’s theory about a diss track. “TRUST…. Ain’t no apology coming . The boy ready for all [smoke emoji].”

Well, the smoke has arrived. Take a look at seven people Drake has targeted on “Push Ups (Drop & Give Me 50)”:

Join the Family

Get Our Latest Articles in Your Inbox

*
*
By clicking "Subscribe" I agree to the website's terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I understand I can unsubscribe at any time.